When you send files from sending device, you set Wi-Fi Direct mode in Send Anywhere app, receiving device will automatically enter Wi-Fi Direct mode to receive files.
Wi-Fi Direct Transfer is only available between Android devices that have the latest version of Send Anywhere app installed.
Two Android devices sending and receiving files must be in close physical proximity when in use.
How to send
1. In Send menu, turn on Wi-Fi Direct toggle option in the top right corner.
✳︎ The app screen will darken when Wi-Fi Direct is enabled.
2. Select files, then tap Send at the bottom to generate a QR code.
3. Scan that QR code on receiving device within 10 minutes to receive the file.
How to receive
1. In Receive menu, tap QR code icon to the right of key field to turn on camera.
2. Scan QR code to automatically enter Wi-Fi Direct mode to receive files.