Since Send Anywhere transfers all files in its original format, if the files were already taken in HEIF/HEVC format, it may not be opened depending on receiving devices’ setting or OS.
- HEIF, HEVC Format
In iOS 11, High Efficiency Image Format (HEIF) and High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC) are added. For devices equipped with A9 or later, by updating to iOS 11, photos and videos will be saved in HEIF(.HEIC), HEVC(.MOV) format by default. On OS other than iOS 11 and Mac OS High Sierra, the HEIF / HEVC format is not displayed properly.
- The following iOS devices use A9 and newer processors:
- iPhone7 or newer / iPad Pro / iPad (2017) or newer
To view the received HEIF / HEVC format file, you should use a viewer app that supports HEIF, HEVC format, or use a file conversion app.
🎉 Send Anywhere provide the function to convert photo file(.HEIC) into JPG.
- Converting HEIC → JPG
After changing the setting, You can convert HEIC to JPG and transfer them.
1. Go to more menu > settings in our app.
2. Turn on the option 'Converting HEIC to JPEG'
Or improve the file transfer compatibility with other devices by changing the default saving format in the Settings app.
1. Go to Settings > Camera > Format.
2. Change the Camera Capture to ‘Most Compatible’.
After this, Photos and Videos will be saved in JPEG/H.264 format so that the files can be opened easily in other devices.